What style of House are you?
Have you ever wondered what type of neighbourhood best resonates with you? Buying a home is an exciting time for new, and there are so many choices when it comes to housing styles, are you a bungalow, a stacked condo, a single-family dwelling? Each of these styles of homes can be found in neighbourhoods with different characteristics, making it essential to determine which one is most representative of your wants, needs and abilities. Understanding the importance of lifestyle and personality traits and how they work best with different types of neighbourhoods can save you from the dreaded “Buyer’s Remorse.” So whether you are a working professional, retiree, or if you’ve got a large family, take a look at the list below and determine which style of house you are before handing over that downpayment.
While this list doesn’t protect you from noisy neighbours, or someone’s “outdoor cat” getting in your garden, it is certainly a start to finding the right place for you and your family. Using a Realtor that works in the neighbourhood of your choosing can additionally help to eliminate any surprises, as their knowledge might shed light on features that you like, or deal breakers you might want to avoid. Contact one of the Sales Representatives at Royal LePage Team Realty to begin your search. They are knowledgeable, professional, and always happy to provide you with the service and advice you need to make an informed choice.
- Condominium – You are looking to steer clear of outdoor upkeep and maintenance while enjoying a space that’s all your own. This no-surprises type of living includes a monthly fee that covers all costs associated with outdoor maintenance and shared amenities, ensuring you only need to focus on the in house essentials like decor and keeping the shower drain free of clogs.
- Bungalow – If you are a Bungalow, you might be an older family with limited mobility or preparing for retirement and looking for a house that minimizes the use of stairs. Other people who identify as Bungalows would be people who appreciate and enjoy a more open concept living style, which applies to primarily singles and families of all ages and stages of life.
- Stacked Condos – Appeal to young families that are looking for the allure of homeownership in the city with a more affordable price tag. AppStacked townhomes still give owners the functionality of a multi-level home. There are monthly association fees which are for shared services such as snow removal, landscaping and amenities. Additionally, the location is generally close to school districts, parks, and shopping, allowing for ease of access to the essentials many young families enjoy.
- Semi-Detached and Townhomes – Are you the social butterfly that loves neighbours being neighbourly and living in common-interest developments? You might be a semi-detached home or townhouse! Semi’s and Townhomes are for people who don’t mind being close to their neighbours. You often might share a driveway or a lawn, while having additional neighbours close by. If you are looking for an affordable way to be part of a community, this option is for you!
- Single Family Home – You appreciate space and privacy. Single-family homes are suitable for larger or growing families, often with more bedrooms, a private yard and room for storage or a car-park.
139 Prescott St. Kemptville, On, K0G 1J0
The trade marks displayed on this site, including CREA®, MLS®, Multiple Listing Service®, and the associated logos and design marks are owned by the Canadian Real Estate Association. REALTOR® is a trade mark of REALTOR® Canada Inc., a corporation owned by Canadian Real Estate Association and the National Association of REALTORS®. Other trade marks may be owned by real estate boards and other third parties. Nothing contained on this site gives any user the right or license to use any trade mark displayed on this site without the express permission of the owner.©Royal LePage TEAM REALTY
Powered by: WEBKITS
This article was first published on https://www.teamrealty.ca.